Contact

Ph: 250 754 6389 / Cell: 250 797 0531 / e-mail: gorfathome@yahoo.ca

SUPPORT CHLY (FM 101.7) Independent Radio. Call 250 740 1017 or 250 716 3410 to make a donation or become a member. http://chly.ca/

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

By-election

Been a couple of weeks since I pulled out of the by-election, sorry for the delay in posting this. As I said in one of the stories below it had absolutely nothing to do with not receiving labour council endorsement. When making the decision to support Darcy Olsen I chose her because she seems to have the most well rounded experience needed to be effective on council. What with all the crap from Mark Robinson, links to stories below, I could in no way endorse Ted Greves as despite an e-mail from him saying Mark was not a part of his campaign there is still lingering doubt in my mind.

Feb 19 2011
Byelection:field of candidates seeking powerful 9th council seat less crowded on final day

Feb 19 2011
Fuller withdraws from race and supports Olsen

My decision was based on commitments I have made to expand the 7-10 Club to 7 day a week service as well as work to secure funding for the Unitarian Fellowship Shelter for the next couple of years. If elected, it was to me looking like it was a distinct possibility, I would have had to remove myself as Chair of the 7-10 Club and the likelihood of the 7 day a week service not happening would have been almost certain. If I am unable to meet these commitments how could I justify being elected to council and the commitment to a public, in that capacity, I had already failed.

The next general election will come soon enough and by then I will have accomplished the above goals. I will most certainly be running in the General Election.


Feb 18 2011
Influential unions tell members to support Olsen in byelection

Feb 18 2011
candidate is publicizing private correspondence

Feb 17 2011
Byelection candidates asked to get out of race to create strong labour support

No comments: